dinsdag 6 december 2011

Make It Monday #44 - Glitter Masking


For the new Make It Monday #44 - Glitter Masking I made my last Christmas card for this year... I already have enough of them! (that's a pity :-P). The task is to create glitter on different areas (ex. by masking parts off). I do not own a Silhouette or any digital cutting machine, so I made a sticker border by hand :)

I used acetate to make a cardbase and I die cut the focal point, using Styled Labels (Sizzix). I stamped some images from the Little Bitty Bird (PTI) stampset. Still love those birds! I colored the tree and birdie with Copic markers. The bird has become a Robin ^-^ (also my boyfriend's name). I put the focal point on sticker paper and cut and edge of 1/8 inch around the border. I added red glitter to the sticky border to create a more Christmas feeling. A few pearls and rhinestones finished the card!



The background is Sheet Music (PTI) stamped in Stazon Cotton White. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Have a nice evening!

x Carlijn

8 opmerkingen:

  1. This is beautiful! Really well done! (P.S. I love that you're dutch! One of my good friends is from the Netherlands! I love visiting whenever I can. Your country is one of my favorites!!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The glitter really adds to your design! Very pretty.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a wonderful card. I live in Iowa so it sure is nice to see a robin again.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh my gosh this is so pretty. I love it on the clear card stock. The red trim and the tree with the bird, Love it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Gorgeous! I love this! Acetate cards are so fun, aren't they?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. This is such a pretty card!! All so nicely put together. Love the acetate idea!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wow! Beautiful! Love the acetate card and the robin in the tree. You've got some amazing creations here on your blog!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen