zaterdag 24 december 2011

Lawnscaping Challege #24: Happy Winter Birthday


For the Lawnscaping Challenge #24 Texture I made a non-Christmas card. I used the gorgeous embossing folder of Basic Grey/Sizzix to make the textured white background. The frame was made by using two Nestabillities Labels 1 dies (Spellbinders) on Aqua Must cardstock (PTI). I added some Aqua Mist ribbon and rhinestones. For the centerpiece I stamped two cakes from Bake me a cake (Lawn Fawn). I stamped on a blue patterned paper from Echo Park and added glacing by stamping on white cardstock and adding Diamond Stickles (Ranger). The sentiment is custom made: I stamped the words of the Happy Birhtday sentiment from the same Lawn Fawn stampset separately and added 'winter' in between using Harold ABC (Lawn Fawn).


I really LOVE the result!! Such beautiful winter colors and the glitter in real life is so gorgeous! To finish the cake, I added a lightblue rose from my stash glued on using Glossy Accents (Ranger).

Have a great Christmas!

x Carlijn

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Very clever card!! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping. xx Tamara

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. What a beautiful card, Carlijn!
    The sparkles on the cake look so elegant and I really love the embossing that you added in the background! Super pretty and classy. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful design, love the colors and ribbon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Loved the embossed background and the sparkly cake! Really makes me want to eat that cake right up!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping for our texture challenge!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Nice! Love that sparkly icing and the beautiful rose! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen