zondag 13 november 2011

Crafty Sunday!

I had a lazy sunday full of crafting :-D I made several cards, using different techniques.


I really love the cute snowman (from a Dutch store: Action). I've stamped him with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored him with Copic markers. The background is stamp with small snowflakes in VersaMark ink and embossed with clear embossingpowder. I used several Distress inks and a blender to create the beautilful background :) (Peeled Paint, Broken China, Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord). The sentiment is Dutch for 'Happy Holidays'. I liked it so much, that I made another one!



The next card is practically the same, but I used different snowflakes and the deer from I Believe stampset (My Mind's Eye). I added Glossy Accents and a red pearl for it's nose and the i on the sentiment. Also a glitter border on the snowy hill.



I also wanted to use my Silver embossing powder to make a classy Christmas cards. I stamped the Sheet Music background (PTI) and a frame from Collaged Expressions (Inkadinkado). I couldn't find a nice sentiment that fitted inside the frame, but luckily I still had some silver stickers, saying 'Merry Christmas party' in Dutch. I pierced 2 holes on either side of the frame and I threaded the silver tinsel through. As a finishing touch I added Glossy Accents on the inside of frame to give it something extra. I used a shimmering silver cardbase to mount to black cardstock on. It's really dazzling in real life! Because it's relatively easy to make, I made another one. You can never have too many Christmas cards! :-D



For this last, small card I used a piece of kraft cardstock laying on my desk. I needed a small card to thank someone. I tried metallic rub-ons on clear embossed leaves, but the effect is not so splashing as I hoped :-) (I will have to look up some tutorial for using them). I used the leaves as trees, added another scrap of cardstock and a sentiment. I stamped a squirrel and acorn in Memento Rich Cocoa and added Glossy Accents afterwards. It turned out to be a cute, small card!





That's it for today, I still have to finish some chores in the house ;-)

Have a nice evening!

x Carlijn

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen